Monday 7 January 2013

Photoshoot Planning


What emotional impact do you want your photography do have upon the reader? How?
I want my images to be eye-catching and put forward the message that the artist is ‘living the high life’. I want the reader to be intrigued by the look of my magazine. I aim for the reader to feel involved and part of the article story. I hope to achieve this by having the correct body langue position in my image.

What personnel do you need? Who are you going to photograph?
I aim to be the model in the photo; therefore I will need to rely on someone else to take my images. 
For extra images in my magazine, to help put forward a profession and realistic look, I hope to get a few photographs of my friends. For these, I will be in full control of the positioning.

What props will you need?
In my magazine, I aim to be in my prom dress and put forward the idea that I have recently been to a music award event. 
As my main image on my front page, I want to have a close-up shot of my face. To decorate the image and make it more ‘fancy’, I will use a classy but simple, silver tiara band. Along with this, I will use silver earrings to match with the tiara.

How are you going to emphasise colour?
On the front cover, I will have a close-up shot of my face – therefore I want to make my eye colour stand out. I will do this by using green eye shadow around my eye.
Also, by wearing a grey top for my dominant image this will emphasise both my eye colour and hair colour. Thus, drawing the audience in.  


Have you briefed your personnel/models?
Because I am the model of my magazine, I will have to brief the photographer. I will have to tell them how I want to be positioned in the shot, and what kind of shot I am aiming for.
For my extra images, which use other models, I have told how I want them to look and how I want their body language to be like.

What lighting will you need? Any other equipment?
On my front cover, I want the lighting on my picture to be very light, making my face look bright and eye-catching.
For my extra image on my double page spread, I want the lighting to be quite dark (when at the music awards), which I will achieve by taking them at night.


Where will you shoot? Will you need a backdrop?
For my main images, I will cut myself out and place myself onto a plain background. Therefore, I have no specific background.


Make-up? Costume?
For my costume I will be wearing my prom dress. I will do my make-up tastefully so it looks classy and inviting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment